I'm looking for locations in NYC of iconic album covers.

I'm traveling to NYC soon and I'm looking for locations of where iconic album covers were shot.

Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys taken at Ludlow and Rivington comes to mind, any others?
posted by phirleh to Travel & Transportation around New York, NY (3 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

This may help!
posted by themadjuggler at 12:06 PM on February 17, 2009 [5 favorites]

Awesome, that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
posted by phirleh at 12:29 PM on February 17, 2009

Unfortunately, the previous owners took down the original Pauls Boutique sign that was there forever. From what I hear, they just trashed it. Sad, Sad. I live right there and everytime I walk by the place I just shake my head and think what fools.
The place is now called three monkeys, and has changed hands several times. It's pretty unrecognizable as the original Pauls Boutique. If you're interested, Moby has a tea place across the street from it.
posted by newpotato at 6:55 PM on February 18, 2009 [1 favorite]

« Older Exactly how much do I have to spend before I get...   |   What do the tines end at? Newer »