Help me pick a hairstyle!

How should I style my hair? 18 year old male with a huge forehead and thick hair...

So I'm tired of my current hairstyle that I've had for the past 4 years. Problem is my face isn't all that pretty and I need a haircut that doesn't look bad with my gigantic head or forehead. I'm willing to do anything but a crew cut.

Requirements:
-hip, yet professional (internship this summer with Chevron)
-no styling other than some product and combing

Here are some pictures of me currently: link -- normally I get it cut about 3/4" shorter than that and thin it out. I need a haircut, hence this question.
The first pic (03.jpg) is a style I'm considering. Thoughts?

posted by nokry56 to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

My recommendation would be to take the bangs in the front even longer and then have the back nicely shaped and cleaned up.

I think this would work, or this.
posted by MsMolly at 7:59 PM on February 11, 2009 [3 favorites]

Thanks those look good. Only problem i might have with the first one is that my hair tends to flip out on the sides. I doubt I could get it to stay straight like that.
posted by nokry56 at 8:03 PM on February 11, 2009

I concur. Clean up the back and leave the front as-currently-is, even if you consider it a bit long.
posted by cobaltnine at 8:03 PM on February 11, 2009

Seconding MsMolly's excellent Chace Crawford pick. If you decide to take it to a stylist, here's another angle.
posted by rachaelfaith at 8:35 PM on February 11, 2009

Agreeing with cobaltnine. I think that would look sharp and professional but not stodgy.
posted by Neofelis at 8:40 PM on February 11, 2009

I thought of this.
posted by hal_c_on at 11:00 PM on February 11, 2009

haha . . . before even looking at your pics or the other responses, I was picturing the exact same thing as everyone else said.

my boyfriend has a similar thing going on with his hair, and i always tell him the same thing: Long in front is totally fine so long as you keep the BACK CLEAN!! i think i even showed him a picture of Chace Crawford to make my point. I'm gonna go back and favorite you just for that . . .

but yes, take the advice of what i presume is a bunch of ladies (?) that long-in-front, short-in-back is a good style. especially if you're 18 and trying to impress the same kinda ladies who think Nate Archibald is hot. I mean, uh, Chace Crawford. I'm not a 25 year old who watches Gossip Girl . . .
posted by lblair at 11:23 PM on February 11, 2009

Do not be afraid of the flat iron. It really takes no more than 5 minutes once you know what you're doing and you will no longer have to worry about the hair on the sides flipping out.
posted by BuddhaInABucket at 1:37 PM on February 12, 2009

« Older Where can I find what's popular on Instapaper?   |   Movie review podcast from a woman's perspective Newer »