Looking for headset for Samsung Mobile (cell) phoine
February 10, 2009 11:03 AM   Subscribe

I am looking for a new *wired* headset (headphone / microphone) for my cellphone... My current cellphone is a Samsung SCH-R430 (also called a MyShot). The thing that makes it hard is that this phone has a proprietary headphone jack (see picture here) - not a standard one.

Ideally here is what I am looking for:
    • Wired
    • Over the head style with TWO ear pieces - ideally sound would come out of both - realize it won't be stereo as phone doesn't support stereo. Bonus points for ear piece that covers the ear (to drown out sound) like the ones broadcasters and DJ's use...
    • Boom mike
    • Don't need it for music - just for making calls.
    • Has to plug into the R430 port OR if anyone makes a dongle that converts R430 into regular headphone jack...
    *or* If this doesn't exist, does anyone make a Bluetooth headset like above (over the head, two speakers, boom mike)?
    To summarize, basically I'm looking for a headset that LOOKS LIKE THIS ONE except with the 2nd ear piece... either in wired or Bluetooth format (wired preferred)

Many thanks!
posted by olddogeyes to Technology (3 answers total)
There are R430-3.5mm adapters, generally sold by Hong Kong-based accessory people (who don't necessarily say they're in Hong Kong, but don't hold that against them).
posted by holgate at 11:48 AM on February 10, 2009

How about this? I considered buying one, but I'm waiting for a Bluetooth version. According to their FAQ, they have adapters for Samsung phones.
posted by buzzv at 12:11 PM on February 10, 2009

Thanks holgate and buzzv ! Exactly what I was looking for ...
posted by olddogeyes at 3:11 PM on February 10, 2009

« Older When you can't have it all.   |   Dried Foam is nasty. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.