what does the Phelps bong say?

What does it say on the side of the bong Michael Phelps is photographed smoking? Here's a link to a big photo. I can't tell what it says. Can you?
posted by Paleoindian to Society & Culture (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: It says, as far as I can tell, "RooR," with the second 'r' being backwards.

Some googling tells me that "Roo[backwards R]" is a brand of bong.
posted by charmcityblues at 3:29 PM on February 2, 2009

I was curious about this earlier, actually. At first I thought it said "pool," which would have been.. too good. Thanks for motivating me to find out what it actually was!
posted by charmcityblues at 3:31 PM on February 2, 2009

Yah, it's definitely RooR

They make fantastic glass on glass pieces if you're into that.
posted by Arbac at 3:36 PM on February 2, 2009

RooR are high end glass bongs.
posted by Inspector.Gadget at 3:38 PM on February 2, 2009

is this actually real?

Go phelps. He just went up a few rungs on the awesome ladder. Not that a few gold medals aren't worth much.
posted by FusiveResonance at 7:18 PM on February 2, 2009

It wasn't his bong if I recall correctly, but still, a very expensive and capable piece it is indeed.
posted by tumples at 7:31 PM on February 2, 2009

Some more info on deadspin and some site called ANIMAL:

"The German made, thick tubed, award winning water pipe features frosted glass diffusers instead of the more standardized rubber grommets and retails for between $120-150. Judging from the photo, it looks like the bong is from their 'Red' series that come in 3.2 mm thickness and range from 13-17 inches, except this one was custom emblazoned—for an additional charge—with a "V". For victory perhaps?"
posted by inigo2 at 8:47 PM on February 2, 2009

« Older "Getting the girl."   |   PSP Fireware Upgrade w custom firmware Newer »