House hunting in England
January 31, 2009 2:22 PM   Subscribe

Are there any websites, books or films that list the estates used in British period drama movies and television programs?

I'm convinced that the house used in the original film version of Room with a View is also used in the BBC production of North and South. I wish there was somewhere I could go to see if this is actually the case...
posted by anonymous78 to Media & Arts (3 answers total)
There doesn't seem to be overlap, but filming locations for Room With a View and the most recent North and South are viewable on IMDB.
posted by notquitemaryann at 2:58 PM on January 31, 2009

Take a look at the English Heritage site for English houses used in BBC productions.
posted by MonkeyToes at 3:01 PM on January 31, 2009

Also, see this site for a list of locations used in "A Room With a View" and cross-reference with the wiki for locations used in "North and South."
posted by MonkeyToes at 3:06 PM on January 31, 2009

« Older HowTo keep it Indented as Intended with Scribus   |   iPhone: my ears are happy, but my eyes are bored. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.