Help me watch BSG

How can I watch the (half-)season opener of Battlestar Galactica on Friday, as close to live as possible? I do not have: TV or access to one via a friend because I'm traveling abroad. I have: internet access, including a VPN connection that lets me fool streaming media sites into thinking that I am in the US.
posted by philosophygeek to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Wait 24-or-so hours, and it should appear on scifi.com and/or hulu.com; that VPN connection will probably be necessary. Alternately, wait until a couple of hours after the show's done and illegally download it from bittorrent sites.
posted by Tomorrowful at 9:37 PM on January 14, 2009 [1 favorite]

You can watch SciFi using TVU Player, or at least you could back when the last season started. Be warned, it's not great quality, if you care about that at all you're better off waiting for Hulu, a torrent, or one of the many illegal streaming sites that are out there. Sidereel is a good place to start for that.
posted by yellowbinder at 9:51 PM on January 14, 2009

Alternately, wait until a couple of hours after the show's done and illegally download it from bittorrent sites.

This was what I was going to suggest, but I guarantee you won't need to wait more than 30 minutes from air-time.
posted by stavrosthewonderchicken at 12:07 AM on January 15, 2009 [2 favorites]

Hulu only works in the states, sadly. Seconding Sidereel. That site has kept me up to date on all the shows I miss living overseas. Now if I could just find a place to find Rock of Love (BUS!) online....
posted by monkey!knife!fight! at 3:41 AM on January 15, 2009

Find a friend(or friendly mefite) who has a slingbox that is also watching it, and see if they will give you their access number thingy so you can watch as well?
posted by Grither at 4:57 AM on January 15, 2009

BitTorrent FTW. You can download the show within an hour of it being on air. Probably sooner, honestly.
posted by chunking express at 8:49 AM on January 15, 2009

« Older Choosing hand sanitizers   |   What will they make fun of me for not knowing? Newer »