Mods, help me patch my parka.

ModFilter: I have an olive green parka, and an itch to put a patch on it. I want it to be a witty and subtle thing, though. Is this do-able?

I have this coat in the 'vintage olive' colour. When I got it I had a vague flashback to grade nine and wearing a mod boyfriend's parka, and thought it would be teh LOLZ if I sewed a patch on my new coat.

Just something subtle, something that would be innocuous but which would make ex-mods grin. Perhaps one tiny bullseye? Where?

Or will something like this just make me look sad and old and confused?
posted by kmennie to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Probably on either breast is a good place. Just do it and stop worrying -- if you are sad, old, and confused, then you will undoubtedly appear that way to some other people, no matter what you're wearing.
posted by hermitosis at 9:33 AM on January 7, 2009

Or on the arm/shoulder area.
posted by jeffamaphone at 10:16 AM on January 7, 2009

smack on the center of the back of the parka. is there any other place?
posted by deejay jaydee at 10:29 AM on January 7, 2009

Best answer: Why not combine the R.A.F. roundel with the circular top of the female symbol?
posted by Dr.Pill at 5:24 PM on January 7, 2009 [1 favorite]

Have a look at (the video) here for inspiration, those boys know what they are on about. They all seem to be wearing in a military style -- i.e. top of the shoulders and left breast pocket (or where it would be).
posted by tallus at 7:13 AM on January 8, 2009

« Older Dosa in Chicago?   |   Better Skin Newer »