Looking for links to the story/photos of the incredibly messy, disgusting house.

LostLink: Looking for links to the story/photos of the incredibly messy, disgusting house. I believe it was a metafilter link, but I've had zero luck finding it here or googling it...

Here's what I remember: The link was to a bulletin-board style forum where somebody had posted 8-9 photos of the house he and his mother lived it. It was totally, completley trashed, with things piled high in every avaliable space. It's not this link or this one . THe mother may have been an ebay addict. Anybody recall where this would have been?
posted by daver to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

daver, this may be what you want.
posted by melissa may at 9:46 AM on October 20, 2004

Oh, whoops, I posted right as you were doing so. I do remember that -- it came from the Something Awful forum, if memory serves. Good luck finding it.
posted by melissa may at 9:50 AM on October 20, 2004

This one?

SA link
posted by PinkStainlessTail at 9:54 AM on October 20, 2004

I bow to your superior google-foo. That's the once. Thanks!
posted by daver at 10:24 AM on October 20, 2004

I don't know how I missed that, but that house isn't "messy" or "disgusting" by the standards of people with compulsive hoarding disorder--despite the fact that that woman has WAAAAYYYYY too much stuff, she's at least keeping it neat.

"Overstuffed", "insanely cluttered", yes. "Messy" or "disgusting" no. "Disgusting" is best reserved for the links in the Squalor Survivors' board (see melissa may's post), where houses are full of animal feces/urine/rotting food.

People in the business of cleaning out houses would refer to this as "clean junk", which is far preferable to "shitty junk".
posted by Sidhedevil at 2:45 PM on October 20, 2004

Of course it came from SA. Because nothing says "entertainment!" like witnessing the consequences of mental illness.
posted by jjg at 3:19 PM on October 20, 2004

Funny; I was recently trying to find the one melissa pointed out - so, thanks for that, mm.
posted by taz at 5:28 PM on October 20, 2004

« Older Global warming statistics   |   What is a good Mail application for Mac OS X (10.3... Newer »