Help Me Look Better in 2009
January 2, 2009 7:18 AM   Subscribe

There's a website I saw once that shows a celebrity's outfit and then lists places where you can bargain alternatives to every part of the outfit. I bookmark every website I find obsessively, but, of course, not this one and now I want to upgrade my wardrobe for 2009. Does anyone know the website I mean?
posted by katyjack to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (7 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite
There's this one but there's also a regular feature in US or another magazine like it that does the same thing.
posted by carmicha at 7:43 AM on January 2, 2009

The one that came to mind for me was While it is a UK-based site, you can change the currency to US dollars. Many of their items say "in the style of [insert celebrity]" or "as seen on [celebrity]." Hope this helps.
posted by snugglebunny at 7:48 AM on January 2, 2009

Best answer: I'm certain you're thinking of " Fashion Under $100".
posted by ThePinkSuperhero at 7:51 AM on January 2, 2009 [4 favorites]

OK, it's In Style magazine that has the regular feature and features some of the "Look for Less" remakes here.
posted by carmicha at 7:51 AM on January 2, 2009

Response by poster: I should have been more clear -- it's someone's personal blog, along the lines of bargainista - but not bargainista. It's like a blogger blog, they take a picture a day and then deconstruct it.
posted by katyjack at 7:57 AM on January 2, 2009

Response by poster: Also - I'm an idiot - it is Fashion Under $100 - Thanks ThePinkSuperhero!
posted by katyjack at 7:59 AM on January 2, 2009

Another one: Frugal Fashionista.

Will follow all the other links too - I had no idea there was more than one site for this!
posted by olya at 10:17 PM on January 9, 2009

« Older Ex what?   |   Old picture stuck to frame - how can I lift if off... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.