Impromptu music videos and studio sets
December 9, 2008 4:42 PM   Subscribe

I really like indie music's impromptu video trend like the stuff from Black Cab Sessions and Blogotheque. What other sites like this am I missing?

I also like the studio sets at Woxy, Daytrotter, and KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic and would love to know of other similar free live music offerings
posted by srboisvert to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite

pitchfork.tv has some shows like Don't Look Down (live music on a roof!) and Juan's Basement (live music in a basement!). Check it out.
posted by adamk at 4:57 PM on December 9, 2008

Some dutch thing does (Behind) Closed Doors, live music on an elevator, including this charming one by Los Campesinos!. I think they're all on youtube.
posted by chairmanroflmao at 5:17 PM on December 9, 2008

The swedish blog PSL might be up your alley.
posted by soundofsuburbia at 4:34 AM on December 10, 2008

Music Club Studios is a new, with not much content, but plans on Adding more in-studio performances videos to the site.
posted by JamesMCS at 7:12 AM on December 10, 2008

Bandstand Busking has acts doing acoustic versions of their songs in, wait for it, bandstands.

The Live Daily Sessions feature a bunch of cool acts in-studio and usually acoustic.

The Airborne Toxic Event did impromptu acoustic videos for their entire debut album; each song was played live in an unlikely place.
posted by carsonb at 8:52 AM on December 10, 2008

Vice TV has a show or two that records practices and some other good live stuff.

My friend's blog has a couple of street sessions...including one by a friend's band so this is like a doubleself link!
posted by Potomac Avenue at 9:03 AM on December 10, 2008

« Older mobile broadband card and AV?   |   Thanks for picking me up off the floor. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.