Dining Table Nomenclature
October 11, 2004 12:35 PM   Subscribe

what is the name for the style of dining table that, instead of having four legs, is supported in the center by a single post, which spreads out near the ground into four legs that are parallel or nearly parallel to the ground? Some longer tables have two of these posts supporting either end of the table.
posted by luser to Home & Garden (4 answers total)
I've always heard them called pedestal tables.
posted by JanetLand at 12:41 PM on October 11, 2004

Ugly? (at least the photo linked).
posted by ParisParamus at 1:38 PM on October 11, 2004

Thanks JanetLand, that's it.
posted by luser at 2:46 PM on October 11, 2004

Better pedestal table. OK... IMHO.
posted by Dick Paris at 5:49 PM on October 11, 2004

« Older Tiny Barcodes   |   What are those holograms called if not "hologram"? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.