Replicating Lotus Notes functionality in Outlook

Does the Lotus Notes "Forward Message Without Attachments" function exist in Outlook 2003?

I have recently moved from a corporate environment which used Lotus Notes to one using Outlook 2003.

Whilst I have been a long-time user of Outlook, I'm missing the LN feature which automatically strips all attachments from a message before opening the 'Forward' window.

Is there a way of replicating this functionality within Outlook 2003? Ideally I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve installing any third party software.
posted by monkeyforest to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

No and yes.

Outlook doesn't provide any functionality out of the box - however you may be able to write a macro to display a button which does this.

If I get a moment, I'll have a go at writing one for you.
posted by mr_silver at 10:11 AM on November 19, 2008

Can't you just click on each attachment and hit the delete key?
posted by Dec One at 11:05 AM on November 19, 2008

Workaround: Hit reply, and then just change the recipient's name to the one you want (which you were going to enter anyway).

If you're really keen, you can change the RE: to FW: too...
posted by saintsguy at 1:16 PM on November 19, 2008

« Older Giving thanks for fishes.   |   I need an online new tonalism and serialism fix. Newer »