Help finding a certain type of bowl.
November 15, 2008 3:46 PM   Subscribe

Help me find a certain type of bowl for my wife for Christmas.

I hope I can describe the bowl properly here, as I do not have a photo. My wife absolutely loves the slanted bowls that some restaurants serve stir fry's in. They are plain white, ceramic or porcelain, sit flat on the table but are shaped at an angle and I cannot find them anywhere! Any chance someone out there would know where to find them?
posted by scarello to Home & Garden (12 answers total)
Do they look like a truncated cone, or like a truncated pyramid (or neither)?
posted by redfoxtail at 4:11 PM on November 15, 2008

Is it like this?

Like this or like this?

Do any of these look similar?

Good luck.
posted by Fairchild at 4:21 PM on November 15, 2008

What exactly do you mean by slanted? When you said slanted bowl, I thought of something like this. It's clear instead of white though.
posted by loulou718 at 4:34 PM on November 15, 2008

Or is it something like this or this?
posted by loulou718 at 4:46 PM on November 15, 2008

You mean like this guy? I found that by searching for "tilted bowl" and a number of other related terms, but the official name must be different because I can't find a single retailer. Hope this helps some.
posted by phunniemee at 4:52 PM on November 15, 2008

Response by poster: Its like the one phuniemee posted, except white and perhaps just a touch rounder at the bottom. Thanks for the efforts thus far!
posted by scarello at 5:21 PM on November 15, 2008

Here's a possibility? and here's more. If you don't find it online, I'd recommend going to restaurant supply shops in Chinatown. They have a huge selection and fair prices.
posted by cucumberfresh at 5:31 PM on November 15, 2008

Not white but could work. Fifth row four over. Close up.
posted by bjgeiger at 5:53 PM on November 15, 2008

How about this? More of a serving bowl than an individual bowl, though. I found it by searching for "white slanted bowl."
posted by pluckemin at 7:14 PM on November 15, 2008

Most restaurant supply companies sell to the general public. Perhaps you could call the restaurant that uses these bowls, ask them who their supplier is and contact the supplier. That way you could get her the exact bowl that she loves.
posted by colt45 at 12:53 AM on November 16, 2008

Hey, you're in Toronto. Go to Tap Phong on Spadina in Chinatown. If they don't have them (and I'll be shocked as hell if they don't have them!) let me know. There are some other restaurant supply companies (almost all restaurant supply companies are open to the general public) that I'd have to look up. They're definitely the place to be looking for something like this.
posted by jacquilynne at 6:52 AM on November 16, 2008

Response by poster: Alot of these are close. Imagine this bowl but at the same slant as some of the ones suggested. Thanks for all the help! I will probably end up checking out Chinatown soon.
posted by scarello at 7:33 PM on November 16, 2008

« Older Need Buy a Wilson   |   DVD/Handbrake Divx Burning Woes Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.