Mmm ... cheap lobster

Unlike Maine lobstermen, I'm happy that the price of lobster is falling. But where is the best place to eat lobster out near Washington DC at a reasonable price? All the places I can see are swanky joints that are crazy expensive.
posted by TrashyRambo to Food & Drink (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It's not "out", but the best place is your kitchen. For less than half the $100 or so you'd spend on a lobster dinner for two in a restaurant, you could buy a few live lobsters from any supermarket or fishmonger, all the trimmings and a bottle of wine. Use your savings to buy a big pot to cook them in, if you haven't got one.
posted by beagle at 7:34 PM on November 10, 2008

I find that I can execute most well described internet recipes once or twice, while I'm painstakingly following all the directions, but screw up once I try to pull them off freestyle. I'd avoid the recipes requiring multiple types of sea food to finish cooking simultaneously.
posted by jeffburdges at 9:24 PM on November 10, 2008

Brewer's Alley in Frederick, MD has a 1-1/4 lb. lobster dinner with sides and a salad every Thursday night for $12.95. This is the best deal I've seen in the area, and the restaurant is also a brew pub so there's no shortage of good stuff to drink.
posted by imjustsaying at 3:06 AM on November 11, 2008

Best answer: Clyde's in Chevy Chase and, I believe, in Georgetown as well may be having their lobster special. It's about 18 bucks if I remember correctly. Call them using the link I gave above to find out for sure.
posted by battlecj at 1:27 PM on November 11, 2008

« Older Do I really need to rebuild this engine?   |   I'm Terrible with (In)decisions. Newer »