I am looking to purchase color photo gels in the Boston area. Does anyone know of any stores that sell them?

posted by cheero to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Calumet ought to. (But call first, it's been a few years since I was there.)
posted by xo at 6:20 PM on October 30, 2008

Find a theatrical lighting and supply store or rental house. Even in my relatively small city we have one, and they stock virtually the complete lines of Rosco and Lee gels in sheets and rolls.

They have much more of a selection and inventory than almost all traditional camera shop, regardless of size and sales volume.

The place I go is also always happy to hand out the swatch books at no charge, and the sample gels inside those are great for covering small flash heads.
posted by imjustsaying at 2:48 AM on October 31, 2008

Backstage Hardware sells them. Plus, easy to get to off of the silver line out of south station, and it's run by an incredibly nice couple that are engaged with the local theater scene. They're who I use when I need weird theatrical materials for prop-building.
posted by Davidicus at 5:22 AM on October 31, 2008

« Older Pump him full of testosterone and he'll grow his...   |   Is ChaCha a scam? Newer »