It won't make coffee, though

Turntable identification please! Found this bad ass turntable/radio thingamajigger at a thrift shop. It's a Braun but other than that I can find no info.

First, thanks to everyone who so quickly helped me identify the amp last week. This time, I found a turntable. Links to images attached. It's a Braun. Probably from early 70s, not sure. I plugged er in (dumb) and nothing happened. Power button is stuck along with some other unidentifiable buttons.

Some issues I'd like help with:

1) Model, year?
2) What kind of power does it use?
3) Where can I get specs or a manual?
4) What kind of speaker plug is that in the fourth pic?
5) What kind of functionality is there? I can't read the buttons
6) Is it mono or stereo and where can i get needle?
6) Any other interesting facts

Pic of turntable

Pic of Console Area

Unit from the side

Speaker plug

I like this thing alot..I'd like to get er working.
posted by spicynuts to Technology (6 answers total)

The speaker plug is a DIN loudspeaker connector.
posted by zsazsa at 6:06 PM on October 28, 2008

Apols for the derail but did you see this at that crazy place Cosmos or whatever on Wythe in Williamsburg?
posted by jeb at 6:41 PM on October 28, 2008

Based on the multiple languages on the speaker jack label, I'd say it was intended for use in Europe and therefore probably takes 240 VAC power instead of 120 VAC like you get in US. It might say as much next to where the power goes in. You'll need a transformer to get 120V up to 240V, and if it wasn't designed for 240V you will then smoke it.

If you posted a non-shaky picture of the console, I'd translate the knobs for you.
posted by intermod at 7:39 PM on October 28, 2008

YES!! I talked her down about 40 bucks.
posted by spicynuts at 8:18 PM on October 28, 2008

It would seem to be of similar vintage to this. If you can find a model number (on the bottom, maybe?), you might be able to get a manual here.
posted by jferg at 5:14 AM on October 29, 2008

oh man that thing is sweeeeeeeeeet! man i have a problem
posted by spicynuts at 9:38 AM on October 29, 2008

« Older Got Jesus...?   |   Guitar Hero World Tour Question Newer »