Help with German-to-English medical translation

What does "wegdrückbar" (in a medical context) mean in English?

I am doing a quick and dirty translation of an Austrian discharge summary and the word "wegdrückbar" is totally eluding my attempts to translate it. It appears in this context: "...darüber hinaus sind nur die Petechien eindeutig wegdrückbar." We will be getting an official translation later in the week, but I really would like to go ahead and get this right. Thanks!
posted by feathermeat to Writing & Language (4 answers total)

It's an adjective describing something that can be rejected or turned / pushed away.
posted by Picklegnome at 10:05 AM on October 20, 2008

I know the non-medical definition of the word; I need to know what it means in a medical context (specifically, a petechial rash).
posted by feathermeat at 10:14 AM on October 20, 2008

"Blanchable." The meaning is that when the skin is pressed, the redness goes away, then returns when the pressure is removed.
posted by jedicus at 10:27 AM on October 20, 2008 [1 favorite]

Thanks jedicus! That's definitely it!
posted by feathermeat at 10:35 AM on October 20, 2008

« Older What's the best way to use both IIS and Apache?...   |   How to party like it's 1899? Newer »