Help me find a shirt where the cuffs and collar match the tie!
October 6, 2008 11:50 AM   Subscribe

Where can I buy a dress shirt and tie combination in which the shirt's cuffs and collar have the tie's print on them?

About 7 years ago I bought a dress shirt and tie combination from Suit Warehouse. The shirt and tie were both blue, but the tie was a slightly different shade and had a dark spotted pattern on it. What was unique about the set was that the edge of the shirt collar, and the edge of the cuffs, had been printed to match the tie (they also had the dark spotted pattern). The rest of the shirt was a simple solid color. It was my favorite shirt and tie combo, and I got a lot of compliments on it, but eventually I wore it to death and it had to be retired. Now, I'd like to buy a new set with a similar style, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?
posted by Vorteks to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total)
I just checked with a serious fashion guru, who makes his money in the fashion industry - he said that, from his extensive knowledge of clothing in the UK and relatively thorough knowledge of the US, he's never seen something like that.

What you could do, if you're really desperate for something like that, is get it made. Contact a good tailor and find a fabric that you like. Good luck!
posted by Magnakai at 12:17 PM on October 6, 2008

When you say the edge of the collar and cuffs, do you mean the entire cuff or something like a 1/4" trim/band where the cuff ends (and where the collar meets the shirt)?

That might help in tracking something down.
posted by oddman at 1:43 PM on October 6, 2008

Never heard of or seen anything like what you described. However, I found this on eBay. Is it like that?

It may be possible to find a tailor who could make them for you but for such an unusual design, it could be pricey.
posted by junesix at 3:50 PM on October 6, 2008

Response by poster: Oddman, it's actually just like a 1/4" trim/band, as you said. But it was printed with a pattern, not just a solid color.
posted by Vorteks at 12:32 PM on October 7, 2008

« Older Where to find desk and office pretties?   |   Reading in the dark Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.