Rules for remaining in UK while new visa is processing

Need info on applying for a Tier-1 (Post-Study work) Visa in the UK while holding a soon-to-expire student visa.

My current visa expires on Halloween, and I fit all the requirements for the Tier-1 visa extension. I hear from reliable sources that as long as I've applied for my new visa, I can remain in the UK while it's processing. Can anyone here point me to the official rules about this, just quell my worries?
posted by nímwunnan to Travel & Transportation (2 answers total)

Best answer: My girlfriend's applying for the very same visa (and she just graduated from GSA too, how about that!) I couldn't find any information confirming this specifically, but she should have hers before the end of October, so we haven't given it too much thought.

I would highly, highly recommend checking this out officially. Call the Home Office. They're the last people you want to get on the bad side of.
posted by Magnakai at 4:45 AM on October 6, 2008

Response by poster: Just to follow up, I called the Home Office (without noticng your useful response, whoops!), and they confirmed that while a visa is processing, you can remain in the country under the same terms as your previous visa.
posted by nímwunnan at 5:24 PM on November 5, 2008 [1 favorite]

« Older Paper prototyping tools?   |   Am I crazy to try shooting a motion picture on a... Newer »