Paper Chase

PaperFilter - Anyone know where I can buy large sheets of lined paper?

Am doing blank journal-binding and have had many requests for lined paper. However, I can't seem to find large sheets (we're talking 25"x38") that I can then chop up into custom sizes. I've considered using graph paper, and I'm sure the reason I can't find it is because of the cleanliness issue of where the lines start and stop on each page/lining up the cut of the paper with the printed line. I'd rather not print my own - just not set up for that. Is this a doomed hunt? Should I just look for already sewn/glued together book blocks that I'd just slap a cover on?
posted by ikahime to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I'm going to assume you've tried the usual suspects like Paper Source and office supply places. Maybe teacher oriented stores?
posted by piedmont at 2:02 PM on October 2, 2008

I don't know if this would work for your application, but have you considered paper rolls instead of sheets?
posted by joaquim at 2:20 PM on October 2, 2008

Best answer: Well, if you decide to go the text block route, Hollanders sells lined text blocks, as well as a range of others (like graph paper, diary pages, and so on).
posted by k8lin at 3:12 PM on October 2, 2008

art stores, did you try them? stores like dick blinks (online have paper to order and might just have what you need.

dickblick.com
utrechtart.com
pearlpaint.com
posted by eatdonuts at 9:29 PM on October 2, 2008

« Older What are the best places to stop (for great PHOTO...   |   Recommendations for cheap hobby tattoo gun? Newer »