Help me remember this PC game from the 90's!

Help me remember this PC game from the 90's! It was a French game, named something like "Fantasio", but I can't find anything about it online.

This game is from the early 90's sometime. I think it was French, and I'm almost positive it had a title like "Fantasio" or "Fantasia". It was an adventure game (like many back then), and had some titillating elements that I remember quite clearly, having been a teenager back then! :)

I think it might have been a murder mystery of some sort, and I clearly remember one scene where your character went up in an elevator of some sort, looking into different windows, one of which had a silhouette of a woman in the shower (!).

The copy protection for the game involved looking through a sheet or the manual at coloured-squares and having to identify which colour the square at x, y was.

If it helps, I live in Australia, lived on the Gold Coast in Queensland at the time and bought the game from Myer, where they had it installed on one-or-two machines as a demo.

Please help me mefi, my brother and I never finished this game and he's convinced it's the only adventure he never finished, so wants to try again!

Thanks all.
posted by ranglin to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Phantasmagoria? I don't think it's French...
posted by kidbritish at 11:59 PM on September 24, 2008

Fascination? Coktel is French.
posted by juv3nal at 12:22 AM on September 25, 2008

The shower scene?
posted by juv3nal at 12:23 AM on September 25, 2008

juv3nal, that's the one! I knew if I posted to askme I'd have an answer within the hour! I rang my brother and told him, he's very excited and we'll be on to it this weekend, see if we can finally crack it!

Thanks so much. Askme comes through again. :)
posted by ranglin at 1:59 AM on September 25, 2008

« Older Firefox greys out my text. Grrr...   |   When in Trelawny, Jamaica, ? Newer »