Help me find a new pair of stirrups
September 23, 2008 11:52 AM   Subscribe

I'm looking for a new pair of hard rubber stirrups for my exercise bike.

So I've owned a Stratus 3900RC recumbent exercise bike for longer than I care to admit (OK, 8 years). It's made by the company that makes Stairmaster. And I love the hard rubber stirrups that fit over the pedals. They keep my feet in place and make the workout more enjoyable.

But I have been unable to find replacement stirrups for the pedals. One of the pedals busted again today and I'm not sure how many more times I can crazy glue and duct tape them back together.

Any ideas on where I can get another pair of stirrups? I wear a size 12 shoe, double e width.

Thanks for your time!
posted by cjets to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (6 answers total)
Do you mean these? Looks like the pedals and straps are sold together.
posted by clarkie666 at 1:11 PM on September 23, 2008

If it can take regular bicycle pedals, you could use power grips. Super adjustable, and one of my sets lasted almost 10 years before finally fraying to the point where I replaced it.
posted by hades at 1:11 PM on September 23, 2008

Is this what you need? Or this?
posted by Heretic at 1:13 PM on September 23, 2008

Oh, jeez. I had no idea the exercise bike pedals were so cheap. Yeah, go with those.
posted by hades at 1:13 PM on September 23, 2008

Bah, clarkie666 beat me to it.
posted by Heretic at 1:13 PM on September 23, 2008

Thanks everyone,

I have no need for the pedals, but I can't beat that price. So I guess I'm getting an extra set of pedals.
posted by cjets at 2:33 PM on September 23, 2008

« Older Why did mac & cheese not agree with me?   |   Receiving Google Apps mail in Outlook 2000 Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.