It's a ring thing

I think my nuvaring is improving my complexion. true?

I have not had any success with hormonal birth control clearing up acne in the past, but I've just realized that my skin is much much better, even in the humid summer months, and I'm wondering if I can credit the nuvaring?
Has anyone else had the same experience?
posted by chickaboo to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (9 answers total)

very true!
posted by parmanparman at 7:59 PM on September 22, 2008

The pill is supposed to help some people clear up acne (anecdotally I've found this to be true.) So, I say the nuvaring probably does, too.
posted by Solon and Thanks at 8:16 PM on September 22, 2008

Very, very possible. Certain hormone formulations work better for some people.
posted by fructose at 8:20 PM on September 22, 2008

yeah it happens
posted by matteo at 8:27 PM on September 22, 2008

NuvaRing has a lower dose of hormones than any of the Pills, so if you're estrogen sensitive that may be helping. Also, the steady regularity of the hormone delivery could be helping too. Whenever I missed a pill and had to double up, I always broke out a few days later. (I once left my NuvaRing out for 4 hours, and also paid the price with a breakout.) Enjoy the benefits!
posted by junkbox at 8:40 PM on September 22, 2008

Yup.
posted by crinklebat at 9:21 PM on September 22, 2008

I had a similar experience. Unfortunately, I also had every other side effect.
posted by katillathehun at 10:57 PM on September 22, 2008

yup, anecdotally for me too (not the Nuvaring but the combined pill). Made me batshitinsane depressed and also gave me beautiful skin.
posted by altolinguistic at 2:01 AM on September 23, 2008

Could be, but unfortunately my acne's gotten worse (Yasmin helped my skin, Nuvaring made it go back to normal, I guess). I think I'm going off of it, though, because the localized side effects suck.
posted by echo0720 at 7:17 AM on September 23, 2008

« Older "it's getting very hot, we'd like to get out now.....   |   I need help writing a letter to my congressmen... Newer »