Name that high-end, Toronto-based furniture company

I'm looking for the name of a high-end furniture manufacturer that is based in Toronto. I know this company exists, and have seen its website, but I can't remember its name. It has a factory in Toronto that builds luxury couches, chairs, and so forth. Thanks for your help!
posted by Dasein to Shopping (8 answers total)

A Google search for "toronto luxury furniture" returned Lona Design as the first result.
posted by halogen at 1:39 PM on September 20, 2008

Hm. Such a company would probably have a showroom on King St. E. where all the designer furniture stores are. Maybe a walk through there would help.
posted by winston at 2:48 PM on September 20, 2008

That's sort of like looking for "a furniture manufacturer in NYC" -- there's hundreds of them. Do you know anything else about them?
posted by mendel at 2:58 PM on September 20, 2008

halogen, I don't think that's it, but thanks very much for trying. My Google-fu is totally failing me. I'm hoping someone knows of a few manufacturers.
posted by Dasein at 3:01 PM on September 20, 2008

maybe it's listed here (totally guessing).

http://www.gopro.ca/interiors/retailers/toronto/canada//catalog.htm

Do you know where it's located?
posted by geekigirl at 3:11 PM on September 20, 2008

Okay, more work has led me to believe that the company I was thinking of is Barrymore Furniture. mendel, you're right, it's sort of a ridiculous question and I apologize if it was really ridiculous. Incidentally, while I think I may have answered my own question, I would be very happy to hear anyone's experience with high-end furniture shopping in Toronto - if there was a place that they found particularly good, especially if it was a local furniture manufacturer.
posted by Dasein at 3:12 PM on September 20, 2008

Thanks to everyone for their help, incidentally. Much appreciated.
posted by Dasein at 3:13 PM on September 20, 2008

Before I mark this resolved, I want to add another great furniture store in Toronto I came across - Kates & Company, on Eglinton just east of the Allen. They make a lot of their furniture themselves, which comes at a cost, but it's nice to get quality stuff made in Toronto, not China.
posted by Dasein at 6:20 PM on September 17, 2009

« Older Site/Text with English dialect divergencies?   |   Bisected Picnic Table Newer »