Lets Not Do the Timewarp Again

I can't watch the Daily Show or listen to the BBC iPlayer any more in Firefox- what the heck have I done? Please help me avoid using IE.

I've done something to my computer (Windows XP) that means that I can no longer watch the Daily Show (I kept being prompted to download Adobe Flash Player which I've done a few times to no avail) in Firefox, and since the bbc has updated to iPlayer I can no longer use the Listen Again function (again IE works but Firefox doesn't)

I updated Windows Media Player recently and root cause may be the settings it installed. Please help as having to go back to IE after years of happy Firefox use, it is driving me mental. Ta!
posted by Gratishades to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Can't you roll back to a previous save point to see if the Windows Media Player update is the culprit? (I'm with you on the FF to IE switch, I'd never want to go there).
posted by misha at 5:52 PM on September 19, 2008

Try this: Flash does not work properly and/or will not update from support.mozilla.com.
posted by bonobo at 7:30 AM on September 20, 2008

Did you completely uninstall the flash player in the control panel before re-installing?
posted by Lanark at 4:06 PM on September 20, 2008

I have the same problem. I uninstalled Flash, rebooted, reinstalled Flash, rebooted, and it still didn't work.

I reluctantly use IE for 20 minutes a day just to watch the Daily Show.
posted by yeti at 12:07 PM on September 21, 2008

« Older How to Resell Clip Art   |   Musical sketchpad Newer »