YouTube upload

Any way to upload videos to youtube not using a web interface?

I think the question really says it all, but the reason I am asking is I have a video that just won't upload.

I made a smaller version of the video, posted it fine, but after their conversion it looked really crappy. So I tried to upload the bigger one (after removing the original). I thought maybe it's a filename conflict, so I renamed the file, and titled the video differently.

It still won't go.

Any ideas? Tried from three different locations using different machines.
posted by cjorgensen to Technology (5 answers total)

If you have access to a Mac throw it in iMovie and run the export following this guide. iMovie also has a direct to Youtube upload interface but you won't be able to control much on the compression side if you go that route.
posted by genial at 8:01 AM on September 9, 2008

Also make sure you are set to always view the high-quality version of YouTube videos. It makes a difference.
posted by genial at 8:03 AM on September 9, 2008 [1 favorite]

Try this free software if you have Windows.
posted by alligatorman at 8:20 AM on September 9, 2008

Response by poster: I should have specified I was on a mac. I did get it up there. I don't think it had much to do with the video file (the reason it looked bad). I think it was my youtube settings.

I was hoping for a way to ftp the files up, or an application that did it.

My version of iMovie doesn't seem to support the upload.

No big deal. I did check versiontracker first, but was really hoping for a non-web interface application.
posted by cjorgensen at 8:16 AM on September 12, 2008

Response by poster: Just a heads up. Found this: vidnik

Seems to also upload none app generated clips. Haven't tested it a lot, but seems kinda cool.
posted by cjorgensen at 12:34 PM on October 6, 2008

« Older ________ing in a winter wonderland   |   Where to buy sheet music? Newer »