"Sample our Bounty" in Latin

How do you say "Sample our Bounty" in Latin?

Fakesgiving (Pre-Thanksgiving with friends instead of family) is coming up fast, and t-shirts need to be made. We would like our motto "Sample our Bounty" to be in Latin this year. Unfortunately, my four years of Latin in high school taught me nothing but to appreciate the miniseries, "I, Claudius."
posted by IWoudDie4U to Writing & Language (3 answers total)

"Excipe ex copia nostra."
posted by recoveringsophist at 12:17 PM on September 8, 2008

That first word could be translated a myriad of ways, btw.
posted by recoveringsophist at 12:18 PM on September 8, 2008

The traditional Catholic grace at table in Latin goes (in part) "quae de tua largitate sumus sumpturi", usually translated "which we are about to receive from thy bounty." You could use that as a model and say "Sumite de nostra largitate": "Receive (or eat, or consume) from our bounty!"

"Sumite" is if you're talking to more than one person. I assume you are. It would be "Sume" if it's addressed to just one person.
posted by rustcellar at 2:30 PM on September 8, 2008

« Older Help me take better photos in my home studio!   |   The italian version of the name game. Only minus... Newer »