Making an unregistered handgun legal
September 4, 2008 8:31 PM   Subscribe

How do I get an older unregistered handgun legal in California?

My dad was given an old Ruger about 20 years ago. He's had it hiding in a drawer since then. There's no paperwork for it. How do I get it registered so that I can teach him how to shoot?
I couldn't find anything on the Bureau of Firearms website.
posted by gally99 to Law & Government (3 answers total)
Best answer: Forms - Firearm Ownership Record.
posted by milkrate at 8:47 PM on September 4, 2008

Response by poster: That easy? Really? Thank you milkrate!
posted by gally99 at 8:59 PM on September 4, 2008

« Older But I didn't even get to say goodbye!   |   All of the science, none of the hassle Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.