Absorbing sound...as a bunny.
August 27, 2008 4:59 PM   Subscribe

Hello all! I am looking for a particular kind of mask, and I am hoping you can help me find it.

I'm looking to get a couple of masks as seen in this Mates of State video:

I've never seen them for sale anywhere, and I'm not sure if they have a special name. I really like the squirrel and the owl, but really I am not picky. I live in Hamilton, so a real-life store in Toronto would be fine. Or somewhere online. Whatevs. Anyone seen these around and know where to get them? Thanks!
posted by janepanic to Shopping (3 answers total)
Full head animal masks, I don't see a squirrel, but they have some neat ones.
posted by JujuB at 5:33 PM on August 27, 2008

You might want to try some custom theater mask makers. The masks in the video are missing the lower part of the face which covers the mouth to allow the actor to speak like many theater masks, yet are made of fabric like many high end Halloween masks.

My guess is that they are custom made for the video shoot.
posted by cazoo at 4:01 AM on August 28, 2008

Response by poster: cazoo,

that's what i was afraid of. thanks for the suggestions, anyway.
posted by janepanic at 11:26 AM on August 30, 2008

« Older How to succeed in AP English Literature?   |   how do i sell my car registered in CT to an New... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.