Identify the artist behind this Velma pin-up.

Who drew this Velma pin-up? (not nude but NSFWish)

My google-fu is weak. I want to know who drew this and, ideally, get e-mail contact details for the artist. The watermark/signature at the bottom right of the image hasn't helped me track the person down.

He's also responsible for this picture of Velma too (a lot more NSFW).
posted by slimepuppy to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Did you try emailing tiki god, the guy who originally posted both images? (He's also the webmaster of myconfinedspace.com)

He might be able to tell you more about it.
posted by alligatorman at 5:06 AM on August 26, 2008

Thanks, but the comments section begins with
Standard Disclaimer: Unless specifically mentioned in the post, we have no clue where this picture came from. Know where it came from? Post the link in the comments, and reap the glory that is knowledge.

If nothing else works I'll e-mail tiki god to see if he has a clue.
posted by slimepuppy at 5:21 AM on August 26, 2008

Might want to search on deviant art. Here is some really hideous CG I found of her, but I can't see half the pictures because they're NSFW and I don't have an account.

It's surprising how many people are inspired to draw sexy pictures of her.
posted by delmoi at 5:42 AM on August 26, 2008

Nuts. Perfect application for TinEye but it doesn't find anything. (Though it says all over the place that Tineye's index is relatively small at this point.)
posted by XMLicious at 6:35 AM on August 26, 2008

It seems to be fan-art drawn by a Japanese, so I doubt you'll find anything on Deviant Art. I looked on Danbooru and found your second image there, but there's no indication of where it came from (Sometimes there's a link to original source.)

Odds are that the poster on Danbooru and your blogger both found it on 4-chan, and locating it there after all this time would definitely be a needle-and-haystack problem. (Or considering what gets posted to 4-chan, more like a needle-and-manurepile problem.) And even if you did find it on 4-chan, the odds are that it wouldn't give you any clue as to the original source.
posted by Class Goat at 9:49 AM on August 26, 2008

« Older Looking for a fix to Joomla's non-friendly content...   |   Punctuation Newer »