I finally upgraded my Direct TV service, the old Tivo bit the dust. So naturally I'm looking to upgrade the television... [more inside]
posted by Marky
on Oct 6, 2013 -
A year ago, I bought a new TV
with HDMI capability and hooked it up to my PC to work as a monitor (with a straight HDMI cable connection). IT. IS. AWESOME.
I just moved into a new place with more room and now want to connect my surround sound system (5 speakers) to this setup as well.
This is the receiver
I'm considering purchasing and from what I can tell, will do what I need.
Extra potentially pertinent info:
- PC has two HDMI ports (one on the video card)
- Nintendo Wii connected directly to TV via RCA cables
- BluRay player connected to TV via HDMI cable
I want my setup to allow me to use the surround sound at all times (when watching broadcast TV, when using the TV as the PC monitor, when using the BluRay player and when using the Wii (this is the least important)). I'm assuming the TV will connect to the receiver (via HDMI) and the PC will also connect to the receiver (via HDMI) and all other hook-ups will remain as-is.
Thanks in advance for any advice or tips on how to make this easy! This will be my dream setup so I'm excited to get it right.
posted by Twicketface
on Jul 29, 2013 -
Can I rig some sort of home-made equalizer between my TV, speakers and PS3? Other ideas as to changing the levels of frequency ranges also welcome. [more inside]
posted by griphus
on Jul 30, 2012 -
Is there a real world referent for that bleeping typing noise used in some films as a text (usually a location note) appears on the screen? It's a similar thing to that chunka-chunka typing sound used in the X-Files when the location of a new scene would be announced, but it's like a very rapid, high-pitched "beedeebeedeebeedeebeep" sound played while the letters appear. [more inside]
posted by col_pogo
on Jan 18, 2012 -
What is included in a typical sound technician's kit when recording scenes for TV or Movies? [more inside]
posted by AltReality
on Jun 19, 2008 -
The sound is muted on 95% of the tv channels and perfectly fine on the remaining 5%. Video quality is great. What is wrong with this cheap TV?!? [more inside]
posted by johnstein
on Jul 7, 2006 -