I'm in a pickle - I own a house that I've been renting out for several years but things recently soured with the tenants and property managers and it is now vacant. Listed for sale but market is painfully slow - should I hold out for a buyer or list it for rent again? [more inside]
posted by photo guy
on Dec 13, 2013 -
My house is a mess - one of the reasons for selling - and I have no money. Where the hell do I start? [more inside]
posted by b33j
on Nov 15, 2011 -
To self-list or not not self-list ... this is the question.
Do we list by ourselves thru a discount broker on MLS and use an realtor to help us find a new house or do we go ahead and list thru a standard broker that will do both and pay them the extra % in commission. Details inside. [more inside]
posted by damiano99
on Sep 13, 2011 -
Should i sell my books or keep them? We're moving to a smaller house. I own way too many books. Most are expensive and i won't be able to afford to replace them in any near future. I have loads of slipped discs and lifting loads of small boxes of books will be agony. I own hundreds of v.specialist books i might need IF i get a job needing a particular language, or onto a masters in that area of psychology. They're big, they're expensive (normally - i picked up cheap ones along the way for possible future use). I live in a remote rural area with no nearby shop, so they have to sell on Amazon in the next 4 weeks or go to charity shops, probably get pulped. I would use most of them eventually. There are also my massive language dictionaries: there are online dictionaries, but often i can't afford the internet, but i don't know if i will need ever them or not, depends what job i get (have had jobs abroad).
Really, it's a philosophy of life question: gather no moss, be a free spirit? Or plan ahead, be cautious? Which works best and why? Anyone with experience who can say you won't need those books/you'll really regret it? [more inside]
posted by maiamaia
on Jul 21, 2010 -
We are hoping to move in the next six months. When should we put our current house up for sale? [more inside]
posted by CwgrlUp
on Dec 17, 2009 -
Under financial pressure. My house isn't selling. I want to avoid foreclosure and don't care about making a profit. It's the original mortgage; a 30-year fixed at 5.5% in good condition (attractive older house and well maintained) in a decent neighborhood (property values steady as those in more expensive neighborhoods fall). [more inside]
posted by CollectiveMind
on Oct 1, 2008 -
So yesterday my wife — Ms. We're-Not-Moving — found a house closer to Portland that she loves. We both love it. The only offer we can make, though, is contingent upon selling our home, which we hadn't even considered until yesterday. Help! Does anyone have experience with this kind of thing? What can we do to make a contingency offer more attractive? What about bridge loans? Anyone have experience with those? I need advice on hurried real estate transactions (other than "don't do them").
posted by jdroth
on May 6, 2004 -