Left the metal pop-top on the soup can when I microwaved it for lunch. I think the microwave is ok, but the really important question is: Can I eat the soup? [more inside]
posted by Sweetie Darling
on Nov 17, 2011 -
My son tried to heat up a metal pot in my ex-wife's Frigidaire microwave. Needless to say, there were sparks and pops and they turned it off right away. Now, there are some scorched-looking spots on the microwave.
Is it likely or unlikely that the microwave is still in working order? Are microwaves built to handle the odd arcing incident without being destroyed?
posted by JimN2TAW
on Feb 7, 2008 -