16 posts tagged with joboffer and job.
Displaying 1 through 16 of 16. Subscribe:

Jump ship or hold the course

I've been with the same Organization "Alpha" for five years and have been growing more and more dissatisfied. I'm on parental leave now and they have promised me a better position to return to than the one I left. Meanwhile, the boss of Organization "Beta" called me personally and offered me a job there. Both jobs have pros and cons and I can't decide which is the way to go. [more inside]
posted by arcticwoman on Aug 3, 2015 - 10 answers

[JobOfferFilter] Bird in one hand, prettier ones in the bush?

I got a job offer from a company that made me a bit uneasy. I'm supposed to make a decision by Friday. Meanwhile, another company wants to move forward... Help me figure out my next move, given the fun snowflakes inside! [more inside]
posted by curagea on Feb 25, 2015 - 10 answers

Help with negotiation

I just got a job offer (yay!) and I need help with negotiating benefits. Problem being that this is a very small and informal company while I've always worked at large multinationals with clear guidelines for these things. I have no idea how small companies work. [more inside]
posted by anonymous on May 14, 2014 - 12 answers

Advice about Muskegon, MI

My SO has a really good job offer lined up in Muskegon, MI and we are in the process of deciding if we should move there. What is great about Muskegon? [more inside]
posted by anonymous on Mar 2, 2013 - 9 answers

Is this an offer I'd be a fool to refuse?

I am a senior undergraduate biology student who wants to become a conservation biologist and a professor. I work part-time in a lab at my university, and my principal investigator recently made me an offer that on the face of it seems pretty great. Should I take it? [more inside]
posted by Scientist on Sep 24, 2012 - 28 answers

UK job search: contracts and taking notes

(UK-based) I've started applying for new jobs and as I'm now getting along in the process, I'm wondering about 1) signing a contract before leaving my current job and 2) taking notes during a job interview. [more inside]
posted by anonymous on May 13, 2012 - 5 answers

We're accepting the meh lawyer salary - but what else to negotiate?

My significant other got a full-time job offer from the small law firm they've been working at part time. Yay! But the salary offer is just meh. What other perks should we be asking for? [more inside]
posted by anonymous on Jan 25, 2012 - 33 answers

Regret, turned down job offer, Will the hiring manager consider me for future openings?

Regret of declining a job offer, I want to know how the Hiring Manager perceived me? Will I be considered for future opportunity? [more inside]
posted by msconfuse on Nov 11, 2011 - 4 answers

How to best clarify salary expectations

A friend recently got a job offer, yay! When she spoke with the hiring manager at the time of the initial offer, she was told she'd receive a certain amount of money, with a percentage raise after the first year. But when she received the formal offer letter, the letter specifies only the first year salary, and says nothing about a raise. Should she say something to the hiring manager? Any suggestions on how she might phrase her concerns?
posted by lesli212 on May 17, 2011 - 11 answers

Blessed or cursed?

I've been offered a promotion, yay! But would taking it be a bad idea? [more inside]
posted by socksister on Jan 5, 2011 - 16 answers

How do I negotiate salary?

Negotiating salary. What? How? Do I email? Phone? Accept the offer, and then negotiate? And what wording do I use to not sound like a dick? [more inside]
posted by schroedinger on Sep 5, 2009 - 11 answers

Thanks but no Thanks

I just jumped through a lot of hoops (including references, projects, whatnot) to apply for a really good job I'm increasingly sure I don't actually want. The hiring manager wants to meet with me again Friday -- likely to make an offer. How do I handle this? [more inside]
posted by anonymous on Sep 2, 2009 - 8 answers

Will Company A wait for me while I interview at Company B? (3-4 weeks from now?)

I am likely to soon get a job offer from Company A. Yesterday, Company B called to schedule an interview for a few weeks from now. I would prefer to work at Company B, but if I didn't get the job, I would want to work at Company A. How do I handle this delicate situation, seeing as we're talking about almost a month until I would have an answer from Company B? [more inside]
posted by inatizzy on Nov 25, 2008 - 11 answers

Moving from Freelance to Employee

I am currently a freelance film/video editor slash motion graphic designer. One of the companies I freelance for is in the process of making me a job offer. I'm trying to figure out what a fair salary/wage is compared to what I pull in as freelance. [more inside]
posted by conigs on Apr 15, 2008 - 4 answers

Juggling job offers?

Juggling job offers? (wordy, follow-up) [more inside]
posted by anonymous on Nov 7, 2007 - 6 answers

Job offer basics

What are things I need to know to ask and say when I receive a job offer? And, conversely, when I don't? [more inside]
posted by messylissa on Jan 14, 2007 - 19 answers

Page: 1