9 posts tagged with joboffer and employment.
Displaying 1 through 9 of 9. Subscribe:

Can you start Monday?

I've been offered two jobs. They both seem to be stuck in administrative office hell and I'm waiting around for them to actually give me any hours of work. I've had a paper job offer in my hand for over a month for one job, and a couple of weeks for the other job. I've been to inductions and initial training for both the jobs, so it's not like a vague verbal job "offer" that someone's changed their mind on. Both jobs are with local authorities, so they are big, legitimate organisations rather than small-time outfits. When do I stop chasing, and what should I do in the meantime? [more inside]
posted by winterhill on Apr 23, 2015 - 7 answers

Is two weeks vacation standard?

Is two weeks vacation standard? Help me decide if I should accept this job. [more inside]
posted by susanvance on Aug 28, 2013 - 31 answers

Help me choose between two good options

I was recently added to the list of potential hires for the foreign service. Great! I can expect a call anytime. The same day I got another solid job offer that's tempting but causes some logistical and financial complications. Do I take the bird in the hand? [more inside]
posted by exutima on Feb 17, 2013 - 7 answers

This was stressful enough the first time!

I declined an offer from company A to work at company B. My contract was cut short due to rebudgeting/reprioritizing projects, totally out of the left field. I ate humble pie, and asked company A if they are still looking to add to their team. They said they'll get back to me in a week. In the meantime I've been contacted by and interviewed at company C and discovered that I love them to death. They love me. They're going to make an offer in the next few days, and I so badly want to take it. I just don't want to appear a crappy offer declining jerk to company A! Argh! [more inside]
posted by Tequila Mockingbird on Oct 9, 2012 - 17 answers

"A bird in the hand" doesn't quite apply yet

Help me think clearly about a potential offer for a job I'm ambivalent about. [more inside]
posted by missix on Jan 15, 2012 - 16 answers

New employer misrepresented vacation in job offer - now what?

My new employer misrepresented my vacation time in my offer. What should I do? [more inside]
posted by anonymous on Jul 30, 2011 - 9 answers

Thanks but no Thanks

I just jumped through a lot of hoops (including references, projects, whatnot) to apply for a really good job I'm increasingly sure I don't actually want. The hiring manager wants to meet with me again Friday -- likely to make an offer. How do I handle this? [more inside]
posted by anonymous on Sep 2, 2009 - 8 answers

Will Company A wait for me while I interview at Company B? (3-4 weeks from now?)

I am likely to soon get a job offer from Company A. Yesterday, Company B called to schedule an interview for a few weeks from now. I would prefer to work at Company B, but if I didn't get the job, I would want to work at Company A. How do I handle this delicate situation, seeing as we're talking about almost a month until I would have an answer from Company B? [more inside]
posted by inatizzy on Nov 25, 2008 - 11 answers

Moving from Contract to Full-Time

I've been offered a full-time position at a company where I've been a contract worker for nine months now. Now what? (more, of course, inside) [more inside]
posted by jmevius on Aug 5, 2004 - 5 answers

Page: 1