8 posts tagged with gif and png.
Displaying 1 through 8 of 8. Subscribe:

scanner with document feeder, b/w images encoded as GIF or PNG or equiv.

I need to scan a bunch of documents that are mostly simple black/white or grayscale text, lines, etc. I'm probably going to just buy a sheet-fed scanner, and I'd like recommendations for that. I'm hoping for a solution that will automatically generate PDFs with the included scanned images encoded as GIFs or PNGs or similar, since they will mostly be black/white or grayscale, which compresses much more cleanly with these formats. [more inside]
posted by amtho on Aug 12, 2013 - 16 answers

Need "deep zoomable" iOS image viewer

an iPhone/iOS picture app that zooms "deeply" so I can read the little details of a really big diagram? [more inside]
posted by Moistener on Sep 8, 2012 - 2 answers

What's a good site for hosting photos on?

What's a good site for hosting photos on? [more inside]
posted by GlassHeart on Jun 7, 2011 - 10 answers

GIF, where are you?

Why can't I view .gifs and .pngs on my website? I can view jpegs no problem. [more inside]
posted by OlivesAndTurkishCoffee on Mar 2, 2011 - 4 answers

How to change PNG color in CSS?

How can I change the color of a PNG (for example change a white object to a red object), while preserving the transparent background in HTML/CSS -- perhaps using some sort of an overlay? [more inside]
posted by Doofus Magoo on Sep 7, 2010 - 19 answers

mangled email signature...

Why would a PNG, sent as part of an email signature, look compressed and distorted and generally horrible when included again in the recipientĀ“s reply? [more inside]
posted by dance on Feb 20, 2009 - 5 answers

How to convert ANM format to GIF

How to convert late 1980s/1990s vintage ANM Deluxe Paint animations to animated GIFs/PNGs? [more inside]
posted by meehawl on Dec 3, 2005 - 15 answers

Creating Little Buttons/Banners for Blogs

I have a feeling that somewhere online is a place where I can easily create those little buttons (or banners or whatever they are called) that live at the corners of everyone's blogs. If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here for an example. What I'm imagining is a site where I can put in my text, select colors, then quickly create one of these. I'm sure I could do it in Photoshop, but the little tool I'm imagining seems so likely to exist that I thought I'd start by asking here. By the way, what DO you call those little things?
posted by abbyladybug on Mar 25, 2005 - 9 answers

Page: 1