I've come across an unusual USB flash memory stick. What's going on here? [more inside]
posted by chmmr
on Sep 25, 2010 -
Hello! I'm looking for a simple solution to turn my 64GB USB Thumb Drive into a portable MP3 player. Nothing fancy, simple display, controls, and small screen. I have Microsoft Sync in my new car, and a laptop that I travel with. Seems like it would be easy to keep all my mp3s on one thumb drive and take it with me rather than having multiple copies floating about on all devices. There used to be an old Lexar & I believe a Sandisk product that allowed for this. Anyone aware of anything more recent or that supports all 64GB? Thank you in advance.
PS. My USB drive is not one of those fancy encrypted ones, so it works in every device I've tried it in.
posted by hussmanne
on Jun 22, 2010 -
Does anyone know of or recommend a good flash-memory hi-def camcorder that has AV input? (ie it can also record regular/analogue video from another source, like a VCR does, though obviously it won't be in HD).
Something like the Aiptek A-HD+ meets the flash/HD/AV-in criteria, but I'm hoping to find something with better optics/zoom/stabilization. [more inside]
posted by -harlequin-
on Jan 7, 2010 -
How reliable would it be to use an SD card as primary storage in a Plug computer? [more inside]
posted by jozxyqk
on Aug 19, 2009 -
How can I corrupt memory? I have a plain SD card, and I'd like to be able to reliably make the memory corrupt. Can this be done? [more inside]
posted by ChrisManley
on May 26, 2008 -
"Could not read boot block". Trying to get my photos from a (Sony) Memory Stick, and apparently my Mac cannot read the disk. Disk utility reports that it can't read the boot block (input/output error), so I can neither verify or repair. What can I do?
posted by djgh
on Oct 7, 2006 -
My camera recently ate a month's worth of intense picture-taking! About 90% were salvaged by imgsave, but of course the remaining 10% are the best or most important. Each of those broken images completely draws as a thumbnail
, but only partially renders when opened. There is no apparent consistency to how much is drawn or which pictures were eaten. [more inside]
posted by whatzit
on Feb 17, 2006 -
My SD card has died (or has it?) - filled with pictures. Is it possible to get the pictures back, if Windows won't even "see" the card? [more inside]
posted by stevil
on Nov 22, 2005 -
Flash cards have a limited number of write cycles per area of the memory (cells). While this may be very high, for the time being, assume I'm going to use them up at some point. [MI] [more inside]
posted by Caviar
on Feb 14, 2005 -
Vague request for a screensaver: I saw it being linked either at MeFi or at meepzorp or at some other cool blog, however: It was a b/w flash-animation that featured just all sorts of weird forms and figures shifting into each other in organic movements, occassionally a piece of colour dropping into the process. I really don't know how to describe better. There was also a screensaver file which I am looking for. I think the filename was something like "tubular" - or maybe not. I said
it was a vague request!
posted by zerofoks
on Apr 17, 2004 -
Has anybody ever tried the flash cards that are "designed" for cameras? They claim to have faster write speeds. I can't help thinking the bus would be a bigger bottleneck than the speed of the card, but I keep seeing them and can't tell if it's just marketing hype or if the extra spend is worth it.
posted by willnot
on Jan 31, 2004 -