7 posts tagged with eyeglasses and fashion.
Displaying 1 through 7 of 7. Subscribe:

Interesting ways to display my eyeglasses?

I've been wearing glasses nearly my entire life, and own many pairs of prescription glasses. Since I wear glasses every day and have been doing so for so long, my various frames are as much fashion accessories as vision correction. But they pretty much just sit in hard-shell cases in my drawer, and I've been thinking that I'd like to have them displayed on my dresser in a way that lets me see all of them at once, like a jewelry display. Can you recommend a creative way to display my prescription glasses (currently 8 pairs in frequent rotation) on my dresser top? DIY and store-bought options both welcome. Complication: glasses are front-heavy, because I am extremely visually impaired, and will topple over if left open and set down themselves on a flat surface.
posted by juniperesque on Aug 22, 2013 - 18 answers

Four-eyed fashion?

Are there any street-style or other fashion blogs that focus on glasses-wearers? [more inside]
posted by oinopaponton on Jan 20, 2011 - 7 answers

What are these eyeglasses?

[WhatISThatFilter] What is the make and model of the eyeglasses Danny Gokey wore on the March 17th episode of American Idol? [more inside]
posted by karizma on Mar 30, 2009 - 2 answers

Secret places to buy rad glasses

On the hunt for new eyeglasses in Richmond VA (and surrounding areas) and/or Chattanooga TN. [more inside]
posted by modernpoverty on Jul 24, 2008 - 1 answer

Fashion-Impaired Guy Needs Cool New Specs

I need new glasses. My style sense is atrocious... how can I find out what frames are in fashion, and which of those suit my overall look? [more inside]
posted by Slap*Happy on Oct 31, 2007 - 21 answers

ha-ay, you looking so fine flexible spending account

A question for the female four-eyed hipsters among us. Which eyeglasses are considered cool this spring? [more inside]
posted by cior on Apr 11, 2006 - 19 answers

Old-fashioned eyeglass frames

I have been looking for years for a pair of eyeglass frames like the ones Harry Caray used to wear, or the type Larry David's TV father wears. You know, the thick black boxy "television sets" that seem to be worn by older types in the entertainment business. I've come up empty handed, even after asking several eyeframe dealers. I suppose I could just fly down to Boca Raton and ask a wearer in person, but does anyone have a a name or manufacturer or style for these type of classes?
posted by sharksandwich on Mar 18, 2004 - 9 answers

Page: 1