Mr. Atruesock & I are buying a house (yay) in California. My parents are helping us. I need help understanding how to fill out the Vesting Form the escrow company gave us, and I need to move fast. YANMAttorney/CPA/Realtor, but please help me figure out which box to check, or tell me what other people in my situation have done! [more inside]
If all goes well, I'll have the pre-purchase inspection on this used car tomorrow, and see if I can close a deal to buy it. Then what? I need help with the order of all the paperwork and steps. Complication: I'm in MA, the owner is in CA, and the car is registered and located with the seller's relative in NH. [more inside]
I know I can't sell my account, but can I sell someone the account name? [more inside]
I have a private offer to buy a domain that I registered with Network Solutions. It's not worth much, and I'm selling for less than $200. After some email communication, I'm happy to just trust the buyer to deposit funds in my Paypal account. Question: How do I actually do this in 2013? Do I have to use a domain escrow service and then eat the commission fee? I seriously cannot figure out how to do a direct person-to-person transfer/sale without using escrow. Every search for "transfer domain" points to transferring back to Network Solutions. Every search for "sell domain" points to escrow services. I'm stumped and turn to you. Please explain it to me like I'm in elementary school. Thanks.
I bought my house from my wife. We got our escrow refund check in the mail. I think it's rightly mine. She disagrees. Details inside... [more inside]
My mortgage company overpaid my property taxes and is aware of the overpayment. On my 2011 income taxes, do I deduct the actual amount due, or the amount paid? [more inside]
Seller is in Alberta, buyer (me) is in Pennsylvania. The item is $1,600 US and ships in a big crate... how do I do this correctly? [more inside]
Real estate: can our seller back out of the contract since we were late in satisfying a Notice to Perform?
We're in escrow on a house in southern CA, and were recently the unhappy recipients of a Notice to Buyer to Perform (or more accurately our realtor was, by email.) We got the contingencies lifted but did not quite do so within the 48 hour period dictated by the form, and now the seller wants out. Can they now back out legally? [more inside]
I'm selling a website for ~25KUS$ and using escrow.com to a European buyer. The deal has closed and escrow.com says that funds have been disbursed but the ACH check has not yet shown up in my account. They say there is a delay of up to 3 days to complete an ACH transaction. The buyer is waiting for the server login and other materials that we agreed would be delivered upon receipt of funds. Should I trust that escrow.com will not somehow withhold the funds and go ahead with delivery or wait until funds are posted to my account?
Is it normal for an escrow company to request addition of an addendum AFTER all the papers have been signed but before officially closing? [more inside]
We are purchasing a house. The seller is asking us to release some of our deposit in escrow to him before closing. Is this a good idea? Read the details... [more inside]
Magical Escrow! Why am I being charged so much? [more inside]
In Southern California, what is the custom and practice in residential (1-4 unit) real estate transactions with respect to payment of Escrow Fees and Title Insurance?
In Southern California, what is the custom and practice in residential (1-4 unit) real estate transactions with respect to payment of Escrow Fees and Title Insurance? [more inside]
Our consulting company is doing business in India and we need a way to make sure that our client will not skip out on the last payment in our contract. [more inside]
I need a good international escrow service for some software development I am doing. Any recommendations?
I'm buying my first home and there are potential special assessments looming. Am I truly protecting myself from future repair and legal fee costs by setting up an escrow account? I'm buying my first condo and am clueless. Help me make this protection ironclad or tell me to run away! [more inside]
She's selling the Mini for $10k under retail and will ship it out here at no cost for me to inspect. It's just like nice Mr. Oreck and his vacuum cleaners! So what's the scam? Or is it too good and true? [more inside]
Are there any freeware or affordable shareware (under $50) programs for Windows I can use to track multiple escrow accounts? [more inside]
Can a Homeowners Association (condo, specifically) require that its dues be paid by the mortgage company out of escrow? [more inside]
How can an ebay seller in Texas sell something to me in Europe with both of us being protected? [more inside]
I am buying a condo and was supposed to close escrow and move in Tuesday at 5pm (yesterday). The lender backed out 1 week before that because of a lawsuit, and we had to get a new lender. We were assured by our realestate agent and our broker that there would be no issues. In the meantime, we gave our 30 day notice at our apt. and started to pack. NOW escrow isn't supposed to close for another week and we still have to move. We have to pay out of pocket for a hotel, or day to day lease on our apartment. This isn't cheap. Can we, should we, and who will compensate us? [more inside]
Complicated: How should I structure a lease for a domain name? (actually a sub-domain) [more inside]
Can you recommend a good escrow service for selling a domain name? Any other things I need to know about selling a domain name? thanks.
I'm a newbie freelancer. Two of my clients, owing me money for services, wrote me checks that bounced. [more inside]
ShippingFilter: Buying a used MacBook Pro from someone a hundred miles away, advice on shipping and payment. [more inside]
eBay hell. I haven't sold many items through eBay, so I was startled to wade through all the associated fine print to discover - after I had concluded a sale, received a payment via Paypal, and was ready to ship my item - that as a seller I get absolutely ZERO protection from buyer scams if I ship my item from the US to Canada. [ further, buyer supplied phone # tracks to address different from shipping address provided which is, as well, "unconfirmed" ] So, I'm considering 1) calling off the sale, refunding the $ and taking an eBay rep. hit or 2) eBay's escrow service. Any opinions?
Is there a highly recommended online international escrow service? The United States and Europe would be the locations. [more inside]