Where do you find old drivers and software? HELP! I'm looking for an old version of the DYMO label writer software version 4.2.0. Its the only version that works with my database. The company doesn't have a copy in stock. I've googled. I've called. I've emailed. Any suggestions?
My mom just purchased a Palm Tungsten E2 from Ebay and it came without software. Unfortunately, for some reason Palm's website doesn't have any software available for this model, at all. Is there anything I can do?
I recently purchased an ATI Radeon 9600 AGP graphics card to replace the old AGP card in a Dell Dimension 4100. The new card doesn't work. I know I need drivers for both the card and the Intel motherboard, and I'm having trouble finding the motherboard drivers. [MI] [more inside]
Laptop Clean XP Install:
1] My (on board?) sound card is unrecognised. How do I find out what drivers to use?
2] What programs do you really think I need? I already have VNC, VLC, Firefox, Thunderbird and AVG installed. What else should I add? (Freeware/OS appriciated but not needed.) [more inside]
I have a screwed up driver situation on my pc. I've tried everything i can think of, and i need help. it was suggested i look here.
Here's the PbP:
- My DVD player (Sony DDU1621) on my WinXP box wouldn't open. it would just whirr and blink, so i removed it, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it.
- While I was checking the connections, i accidentally unplugged my harddrive ribbon. I had XP installed on the second drive in a daisy-chain, and when i replugged everything, my computer started up in win98. But my DVD drive worked.
-- The goal here was to install Linux, so i figured i didn't need XP anyway, and while i was downloading the linux iso (onto another box), i set out to totally clean out the harddrive that used to have XP on it, so i could get it ready for Linux.
-- Two hours later, i went to actually begin installing Linux, and suddenly the DVD drive won't open again.
-- I have now physically removed and replaced the DVD drive at least a dozen times. Sometimes the F drive shows up in My Computer, sometimes it doesn't. When it does show up, it still doesn't work (when i click on it it gives me an error alert saying there is a problem with the device).
- When it doesn't show up , i go to Install New Hardware, and it lists Sony Proprietary CD-Rom Controller. When I select it, i get an update window that says 'This device is already installed, but it has a problem.' There are no updates available (i'm not currently online and all of the networking software was installed into XP), and so i just click OK, and nothing has changed.
- I cannot find another driver for this device. I found something listed on DriverGuide, but it was just some batch that callibrates audio and video input.
- I found another DVD drive, this time a cheap one called a MadDog BKM-52X16, and i replaced it. but my win98 device manager doesn't detect it and still brings up the Sony Proprietary CD-Rom Controller as the only option when i run Install New Hardware.
so all i need is to get a cd drive recognized so i can either reinstall xp, or go ahead and install Linux -- both of which, of course, would solve the problem. but so long as i can't read a cd, i can't do either. so i'm stuck.
help would be deeply appreciated.
The HD on my Dell died recently. I bought a new one, and did a clean install of Win2K Pro. Now I have an operating comuter with no drivers for the hardware... How do I handle this? [more inside]