I need to find a way to keep all of my various bits of information handy in one application on my USB drive - things like notes, to-do lists, addresses and project information - and would be very grateful for any recommendations or help you can give me :) !
I'm happy to pay for the right software so paid or free options would both be great.
What I'm looking for is something that is...
- Self contained: must run on, or from, the USB stick and not
* require a webserver or apache to work (browser-based apps are fine if they meet this criteria)
- Easy to use
- Secure (a login would be ideal)
- Has checklists for my to-do items
- Has the ability to write freeform text for project info / notes
Do you know of a portable PIM or similar application that would fit the bill? A huge thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out :)!
* Web servers, wiki's and Wordpress (so many w's!) are out of the question sadly since my work computer is in serious IT lockdown and I can't even change the apache port.
posted by katala
on Jan 24, 2008 -