I'm feeling frustrated with my automobile situation and don't really know where to start. The gist of it is that I can't really afford the payments and maintenance on my car, and I think I want out, but I don't know how. [more inside]
Wondering if you could help with a risk-benefit analysis of lowering the amount of insurance on my car. I still owe money on it, but I could potentially pay it off and then save money on my insurance. BUT is the insurance good to have anyway? [more inside]
My credit is good. My loan on my new-last-year Toyota Yaris is awful; the interest rate is absurdly high. My credit union, who issued the loan, doesn't want to help. How do I find the best rate I can get on a refinance? [more inside]
Downsides to setting aside cash to self-insure a car? [more inside]
Help me decide how to finance my vehicle purchases. I need to get two cars for my family. Could be new, could be used. I want both of these cars to have very high safety ratings. Everything else doesn't really matter. I could pay cash for two new cars, but that just seems stupid to do on a depreciating asset. Is the best course of action to find two used, yet reasonably new cars and pay cash? What if we like having new cars? Should we just lease two new vehicles? I have read that the best course of action is to buy a used car and drive it into the ground. That's great, but what if I leave the country again in 5 years. And do I really want to be driving around in a Hooptie in ten years. How do I approach the whole buy new / used, lease issue.
We're moving to Canada in 3 months but we need a new car now. Buy? Lease? Here? There? [more inside]
Tricky car loan situation. I'm thinking about paying off the remainder of a car loan with my credit card. Is this a bad idea? [more inside]
Is it worth refinancing my auto loan since the Fed made a cut? My current interest rate is 3.90%, can I do better than that, and if so, where?
how much money can I save by turning off air-conditioning when I drive? [more inside]
My worst nightmares were realized when I found myself in exactly this situation last month. Negotiations with the dealer have failed and we are considering repossession, but we would like a second opinion. [more inside]