Need reliable shipper for art. I need to ship two framed paintings from Connecticut to Seattle. These are family antiques that I could not bear to lose. I already had a wooden crate made. I need to get the crate shipped.
- Highly reliable and insured
- Speed and delivery date are flexible. I can arrange to be available to receive shipment on short notice.
- size: the crate is about 2' x 3' x 1'.
- Cost... looking for lower cost options, but reliability is key.
- The paintings have not been appraised, nor do they have any documentation. I'm sure they are worth money, but the real value is sentimental. I'd rather not go to the expense of having them photographed and appraised.
I've already requested a quote from Art Logistics. I haven't heard back yet, but I suspect the cost will be very high. And I'm not sure they ship to and from private residences.
fyi... an earlier thread about shipping art.
posted by valannc
on Nov 13, 2010 -
This is an ancient chinese inscription on an antique vase... thousands of years old. Can anyone translate it or let us know what kind of dragon this is or if it realates to any story... anything would help. Thanks your help is greatly appreciated [more inside]
posted by colusa
on Oct 10, 2008 -
My boyfriend's mother died recently, and he and his father are starting to "take stock" of the household. They spent a lifetime traveling and collecting so there are lots of items that we believe are worth something, but we really need to get them appraised. We aren't sure how to do this given the wide range of stuff including art, pottery, furniture, antique costuming, and ephemera. [more inside]
posted by kimdog
on Mar 11, 2007 -
I am looking for a store in Manhattan, New York where I can buy curious decorative objects: pop art, retro kitsch, odd memorabilia (not sport-related), ancient ad posters, antique swag, Americana, etc. Quality, authentic stuff, not crap; though I'm not against mass-produced items. [more inside]
posted by gentle
on Mar 28, 2006 -