I have a companion fare for US Airways. In order to use it, I have to buy a ticket by April 30 and travel by July 31. Where should I go? [more inside]
Whats the best way to buy a flight for a vacation that you know you are going on (greater than 3 months in the future)? I am tired of getting screwed for being prepared. [more inside]
How soon in advance should we purchase airline tickets to get the cheapest flights? [more inside]
I'm flying from the east coast to southern California via San Francisco in a few weeks. I've decided that for the return trip, I'd like to drive up to San Francisco a few days early, skip the first leg of my return flight (SoCal to SFO), and just catch the second leg. (I would just rebook my ticket but the change fee is ludicrous -- well in excess of the entire ticket cost.) Is this a dumb idea? [more inside]
Is there a resource anywhere that will give me either (a) historical data for the last year or two on the price of oil (b) similar data for airline tickets or (c) ideally, both?
Is it kosher to book two separate airline reservations, flying to/from the same cities, with the same airline, that overlap one another? [more inside]
Estimating how long I can wait to book a specific airfare I found, before that fare increases... [more inside]
Ideas for seeking corporate donations of tech equipment and air travel? I'm one of the co-founders of a free arts/tech workshop happening for the first time this August in Serbia. We've already had some modest success getting funding for this through traditional channels, but I also want to approach hardware companies and airlines to see if they can help us.
I usually find great prices for flights. But I'm coming up empty on this route: Amsterdam to Zurich. [more inside]
So I appear to be trapped in Paris. Flew to Europe over the holidays for a conference in Berlin, and thought I'd spend a week in Paris and fly out of there instead. British Airways is informing me they'd like about a grand to get me out of Paris, and no less if I take the chunnel up to London to catch the London-SFO leg there. Best option I've found is to try to delay the return flight until I can actually make my way back to Berlin (it's too late now). Still on hold finding out how painful that's going to be. Anyone have any better ideas?