The Great Blizzard of Christmas 2010 has severely derailed my plans (love snow as I do). I was supposed to fly from Newark to Hong Kong on Dec. 26th at 3:30, arrive in HK at 8:30pm Dec 27th, then fly Air Asia Hong Kong-Bangkok on the morning of Dec. 28th with a connecting flight immediately following from Bangkok - Luang Prabang, Laos.
Newark is supposed to get a foot plus of snow tomorrow. I am feeling a little screwed. Is anyone out there skilled at making the best of this kind of situation? I've never dealt with it before, and have spent the last eight hours trying to make something work. Details below. [more inside]
posted by betsbillabong
on Dec 26, 2010 -
How far in advance, or how close to the time, is the most advantageous time to purchase airline tickets in order to get the cheapest fares? For instance, if I were planning to travel in early August, and it's late April now, should I buy my ticket now, or should I wait until closer to the time (and how close is the "sweet spot")? Are there risks of the price going up substantially (more than $100)? This refers to U.S. travel (SEA-ATL in this case), traveling mid-week, with a weekend stay.
posted by matildaben
on Apr 25, 2006 -