Sorting Embedded Google Spreadsheets

I am looking for a way to sort embedded Google Spreadsheets. I am not looking for advanced features or interacting with the data, but ONLY client side sorting.

I published a testing spreadsheet

On unixrat said he is sure embedded Google Spreadsheets are able to be sorted.

I have seen this can be done with Zoho:, but that solution offers the visitors too many options. If the ability to edit the cell contents was disabled, but still sortable, that would work also.

My thought is I am missing some documentation in the Google Data API, if anyone can point out links that I need to read to be able to add sorting, I would appreciate it.
posted by joemako to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I've been wishing for an API-ish way to "query" a Google spreadsheet like a database myself ("give me row 22" or "give me column 4 of the first row matching "Anderson, Gillian") but as far as I can find, that level of granularity just isn't there... yet?
posted by rokusan at 1:52 PM on August 11, 2008

@rokusan, you may be looking for:
posted by joemako at 8:25 PM on August 11, 2008

« Older PromotionFilter: What's the be...   |  Leaving a job in British Colum... Newer »