You like to what, now?

Does anyone remember a site that had symbols for designing a comprehensive logo reflecting one's sexual practices and orientation?

Some time ago, a friend of mine had a site bookmarked that had small images designed to be combined to show what sexual practices someone enjoyed, including instructions for indicating whether the person preferred to "give or receive.".

My friend wanted to design a tattoo around the idea, and having the original site would help. Does anyone remember seeing anything like that?
posted by Cricket to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite

Dunno about symbols, but the NBCS Bear Code is a semi-serious classification system for some gay men. It's an ASCII code, e.g.
B4 s- m g++ w d+c t+ f+ k+ r e+(+?)
The Bear Code begat a lot of related codes, but they're all going to be ASCII.
posted by Nelson at 9:00 AM on August 10, 2008

I totally remember that. Like not so much stick figures, but the kind of generic figures you see on crosswalk signs and such, right? And it was in a circle? I'm looking for you right now. I'll post a link if I find it again.
posted by damnjezebel at 9:12 AM on August 10, 2008

I also remember this, but have no idea where it was. It definitely had to do with colors, I think. Certain colors on the stick figures meant different things...

Sorry I can't help more, but I'm also looking.
posted by dmaterialized at 4:56 PM on August 10, 2008

If it's colour you want, the hankie codes provide, but it's just colour, not iconography. Also no one takes it very seriously outside a few specific colours.
posted by Nelson at 5:25 PM on August 10, 2008

It's text-only, but was it the Twink Code?
posted by divabat at 1:54 AM on August 11, 2008

I don't think My Attraction Code is what you're looking for, but I'll pass it on in case it is.
posted by WCityMike at 5:45 PM on August 14, 2008

And it's not a generator, but Wikipedia has an article about LGBT symbols.
posted by WCityMike at 5:56 PM on August 14, 2008

« Older What happens when marathon cyc...   |  Librarians! (I know you're out... Newer »