Psychological resolution of vision problems?

An article was published in a major publication in the last couple years which linked vision problems with mental health disorders.

The article focused on a particular doctor who had great success treating patients with vision problems by addressing their underlying psychological issues, commonly depression or stress. The basis was that the muscles which focus the eye are affected by mental stress, and by addressing the mental health of the patient vision problems often are often resolved. His patients were often able to stop wearing glasses or contacts. I feel like it was a New Yorker article, but I can't find it. Does anyone remember this article, and know where to find a copy?
posted by suitcase to Health & Fitness (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Could it have been a modern practitioner of the Bates Method?
posted by extrabox at 9:02 PM on August 7, 2008

Debunking of Bates and 'Vision Therapy' here.
posted by damn dirty ape at 10:15 PM on August 7, 2008 [1 favorite]

« Older I'm going to be relying on my ...   |  I want to make this guy roar a... Newer »