Why am I urinating more frequently lately?
August 1, 2008 10:01 AM Subscribe
What's up with my frequent urination? Can't see a doctor for a few weeks.
posted by anonymous to health & fitness (25 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I seem to be going to the bathroom a lot more frequently for the past few months, maybe 4-8 months. Is this just something that happens with age or something to be concerned about? I'm currently between doctors and countries and won't be able to go to one for a few weeks unless it's an emergency.
- I am 28, female.
- I used to be one of those people who can hold it forever, a 4-6 hour car trip was no problem. This was the case until early this year. I noticed last night that I went to the bathroom twice in the course of a two-hour dinner at a restaurant. I seem to be peeing every hour or two during the day now.
- I am not waking up at night to urinate (if I get up to go to the bathroom it's because I was sleeping poorly in the first place.) I do get the urge to pee just before falling soundly asleep, and after sex.
- Urine is not cloudy or dark except in the morning.
- Do feel a slight tingling/burning in my urethra occasionally, and sometimes feel a need to urinate but little comes out.
- I did have a comprehensive panel of blood and urine tests to rule out diabetes and any metabolic issues when I was having health problems a few months ago. (Turned out to be mono and/or stress.)
- Also had urine tests with my annual gyno exam a few months ago, also normal.
- Had bladder reflux as a child but it went away sometime during adolescence.
- Not sure if I am drinking more - I used to drink a lot of diet soda and tea but have been trying to cut back on the caffeine and drink water instead. I have been a bit thirstier, possibly because allergies have my sinuses all screwed up so I breathe through my mouth when I am not paying attention. Haven't really changed diet either, maybe eating more fruit since it's summer but this has been going on more or less since winter.