Good Meat

I grew up in northern Michigan and spent my early years eating wonderful hotdogs and sausages cooked by Polish geniuses. Where in the Charlotte-Piedmont-North Carolina-anywhere in the southeast can I find a good meat market? Something like this.
posted by zzazazz to Food & Drink (4 answers total)

I don't have an answer for you, but you're off to a good start by not calling them "coneys". The first time my (Michigander) wife told me she wanted to go to a Coney Island, it confused the hell out of this New Yorker.
posted by JaredSeth at 1:27 PM on May 20, 2008

Maybe try Grateful Growers. They raise their own pork and make their own sausages, including Polish sausage. They show up at most of the local farmers markets.
posted by hydropsyche at 1:45 PM on May 20, 2008

William's Pork is in Lumberton, NC. I have ordered some sausages and bacon from them, and it was great stuff, the lincolnshire sausages in particular.
posted by Joh at 1:50 PM on May 20, 2008

Boone Trail Thrift Mart in Fayetteville, NC sells a lot of german sausages, etc.
posted by konolia at 7:22 AM on May 21, 2008

« Older What exactly did I do wrong wi...   |  Honeymoon-ish road trip from M... Newer »